Please elaborate on how you are using your index. Are you using
Index#remove(entity,key) or Index#remove(entity) followed by get/query in
the same tx? There was a recent change in transactional state
implementation, where a full representation (in-memory lucene index) was
needed for it to be able to return accurate results in some corner cases.
That change could slow things down, but not that much though. I'll give some
different scenarios a go and see if I can find some culprit for this.

But again, a little more information would be useful, as always.