Peter would have to grant you rights to his repo and I bet he will have some
ideas of his own to add to my suggestions.
You would need to flesh out what parts of neo4j-spatial are actually generic
Rtree classes (making sure there are no dependencies to geotools). It would be
nice if the Rtree classes ending up in neo4j-collections would really be a
multi-dimensional index component that is independent of its usage as an index
for geographical information, so it can be used for other multi-dimensional
search actions that are not necessarily geographical in nature.
Together with the people responsible for the Lucene index component we have to
find a common way to access the Rtree and the Btree index, so it can all
eventually become part of the indexing framework, but i'd consider that step 2.
Niels