As to the issue of n-dim doubles, it would be interesting to consider creating
a set of classes of type Orderable (supporting <, <=, >, >= operations), this
we can use in both Rtree and Btree. Right now Btree only supports datatype
Long. This should also become more generic. A first step we can take is at
least wrap the common datatypes in Orderable classes.
Niels