On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Adrian Stabiszewski <
mynewslet...@nitegate.de> wrote:

> > If the property op_type contains a Number, you can't compare it against a
> > string. Could that be the problem?
>
> Yes, op_type is a number property.
>
> I'm wondering how to specify this in the query.

This is what I would do:

start c=(typeIndex,`node_type`,"1")
match(c)-->(r)
where c.`node_name` ="name" and r.op_type = 8
return c,r

> And a different aspect of the query language concept:
> Why are you creating a new query language and not a simple query builder
> class? This could avoid all this parsing misunderstandings. In the future
> devs will create query builders for the query language anyway because they
> want to create queries on the fly. Why not save them this work? ;)

Well, having a language that is easy to read and write in a REPL is
powerful. It allows you to use the console in webadmin, or the shell to try
your queries before actually using them in your application. Also, we want
to be easy to use from other stacks - .NET, php and non-JVM Python comes to
mind. For these users, writing a client lib will be much easier since we
accept queries in string form.

The language doesn't stop the query builders though - it's part of my
todo-list already. If you don't want to parse a string, you shouldn't have
to, that we can definitely agree on.

Cheers,

Andrés