Hi Kriti,

I can comment on a few things, especially neo4j-spatial:

   - Neo4j is certainly good for social networks, and people have used it
   for that, but I personally do not have experience with that so I will not
   comment further (others can chip in where necessary).
   - Neo4j-Spatial is good for performing some spatial queries on your
   domain data. So you start by modeling your domain however you want, and then
   when you want to start using neo4j-spatial, just add all nodes that have
   spatial components (eg. location) to the spatial index and they will be
   available for querying. The SimplePointLayer class has support for querying
   by proximity, which sounds like what you want. You can also query with a
   filter on properties (so only nearby objects matching some other criteria).
   - I do my neo4j-spatial development in eclipse, so there should be no
   issues for you using eclipse. Just use m2eclipse, and add the dependency to
   your pom.xml. The current version o neo4j-spatial requires neo4j1.4, so if
   you are using older neo4j, you might need to make minor changes.
   - Neo4j is not optimized for storing BLOBs, so while it can store images
   as byte[], it is advisable to rather store a reference to the image (eg.
   URI), and store the image in another way (filesystem, other database, etc.)

Regards, Craig