Hi Boris,

You do not need to read the property yourself from the node, rather use the
GeometryEncoder for this, it converts from the internal spatial storage to
the Geometry class, which you can work with. If you call geom.toString() you
will get a nice printable version (in WKT). Using the GeometryEncoder is a
particularly good idea because we support many internal storage formats, not
just the WKB you found. If you have point data only, you should consider
using the SimplePointLayer (created with
SpatialDatabaseService.createSimplePointLayer()), which will store the Point
as two properties, for latitude and longitude.

Back to your main question: WKB and WKT are two different formats for
representing spatial data. We support both with the WKBGeometryEncoder and
WKTGeometryEncoder classes, but in both cases we convert from that format to
JTS Geometry class for performing spatial operations on. Internally these
classes use the WKBReader/WKBWriter (and WKT versions of this) for
performing the conversions. If you want to convert between WKB and WKT
yourself, you should just use the JTS code directly.

But as I said before, I do not think you need to do this. If you are getting
your nodes from a search using the index, something like
search.getResults().get(0).getGeometry().toString() will return the WKT
version.

Regards, Craig