From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [mailto:user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On
Behalf Of Craig Taverner
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:03 AM
To: Neo4j user discussions
Subject: Re: [Neo4j] reify links with other neo4j databases located on
different distributed servers

As far as I know there is no internal support for transparent traversals
across shards. Generally people are doing that in the application layer.
However, I think there might be a middle ground of sorts. I we modify the
relationship expander, I could imagine that relationships that are between
shards could be modified to return node on the other shard. This would make
the traversal return nodes across shards, but since I've not tried this
myself, I am uncertain if there are other consequences.