Hi,

This error usually means you have another process trying to "new
EmbeddedGraphDatabaseService()" to the same directory. The only way to have
multiple threads talk to the same database is by passing a reference to the
database to all threads that want it.

e.g.

new Thread() { x = new EmbeddedGraphDatabaseService("/tmp/graph"); }.run();
new Thread() { y = new EmbeddedGraphDatabaseService("/tmp/graph"); }.run();
        ** BAD **

x = new EmbeddedGraphDatabaseService("/tmp/graph");
new Thread() { x }.run();
new Thread() { x }.run();
        ** GOOD **

Hope that helps,