Passing a Filter would be great, because in many cases I can decide
based on Lucene Documents (indexed fields), which objects I need as
Nodes (and selecting/filtering/sorting Documents is much faster than
first turning each Document to a Node and then sorting/filtering the nodes)

But as Edgar pointed out, it isn't seemed to be supported. It should be
easy to add: it could be a simple configuration option like the "analyzer".

Are there plans to add something like this? (Asking the neotechnology
wizzards. :-) )
---
balazs