We transform some of our properties currently before (manually) indexing
them. Simple examples are lowercase ("fulltext" indexes supports a
"lowercase" config that defaults to true, but "exact" ones don't, I was
disappointed to find), but more complex ones are e.g. stripping special
characters.

It would be great if the auto-indexer could support this notion of
transforming property values (and queries) through user-defined function,
just like traversal accepts a user-defined filter function.

(And, fwiw, we're users of the REST API, so ideally this functionality would
be exposed over REST too.)

Cheers,
Aseem