Hello,

I try to use Neo4J in a Ruby on Rails application (MRI Ruby not JRuby). Due to
Rails process-based model I run one instance of the EmbeddedGraphDatabase in a
separate process. All write updates coming in from user actions are delegated
to this process. The EmbeddedGraphDatabase here serves as a pure writeable
database. All reads are handled directly in the web app through multiple
instances of EmbeddedReadOnlyGraphDatabase (one instance for each web server
process).

Unfortunately I encountered the following problem: When adding a new
relationship to a node (via the EmbeddedGraphDatabase), this relationship is
not visible to the EmbeddedReadOnlyGraphDatabase. I can reopen the
EmbeddedReadOnlyGraphDatabase from time to time or even at each request, but
this ends up with an "InvalidRecordException: Record[9180] not in use" when
trying to traverse the node or trying to get the relationships. 9180 is the
newly created relationship.

Only when I restart the EmbeddedGraphDatabase this relationship is visible to
the EmbeddedReadOnlyGraphDatabase without any exceptions but this shouldn't be
the use case. Is this a bug or is there an explicit way to synchronize both
types of database instances?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Mathias