If you don't need "Node Models", I did some work on bindings with similar
syntax to the neo4j.py bindings.

https://github.com/OneSaidWho/neo4py

They work with version Neo4j 1.3, using JCC instead of JPype, so should be
somewhat faster than the current bindings.  They might get you by until
Jacob has some time :)

Aaron