Jose,

can you provide the full stack trace of the OOM ?

and probably show some of the source code you use to try to reproduce it.

How much physical RAM does the machine have?

Can you show us the configuration dump at the last startup of
graph.db/messages.log ?

Cheers

Michael

for the batch inserter there is the BatchInserterIndexProvider
Please see here: http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/1.4/indexing-batchinsert.html