Ahmed,

I tried it both on MacOS and Ubuntu with the following example and it worked
fine.

public class Test {
        final ImpermanentGraphDatabase graphDb = new ImpermanentGraphDatabase();
        try {
            createNode(graphDb);
            Transaction outer = graphDb.beginTx();
            try {
                Transaction inner = graphDb.beginTx();
                Node node = graphDb.index().forNodes("index").get("name",
"Ahmed").getSingle();
                node.delete();
                graphDb.index().forNodes("index").remove(node);
                inner.success();
                inner.finish();
            } finally {
                outer.success();
                outer.finish();
            }
        } finally {
            graphDb.shutdown();
        }
    }

    private static void createNode(ImpermanentGraphDatabase graphDb) {
        final Transaction tx = graphDb.beginTx();
        Node node = graphDb.createNode();
        graphDb.index().forNodes("index").add(node, "name", "Ahmed");
        tx.success();
        tx.finish();
    }
}

pom.xml

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>
        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

        <groupId>org.neo4j</groupId>
        <artifactId>test</artifactId>
        <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <packaging>jar</packaging>

        <name>neo4j-test</name>

        <properties>

        </properties>

        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>junit</groupId>
                        <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
                        <version>4.8.1</version>
                        <scope>test</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.neo4j</groupId>
                        <artifactId>neo4j</artifactId>
                        <version>1.4</version>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>

        <build>
                <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                <version>2.3.2</version>
                                <configuration>
                                        <source>1.6</source>
                                        <target>1.6</target>

<compilerArgument>-Xlint:all</compilerArgument>
                                        <showWarnings>true</showWarnings>
                                        <showDeprecation>false</showDeprecation>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>

                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                                <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>1.1</version>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>java</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                                <configuration>

<mainClass>org.neo4j.test.Test</mainClass>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>
        </build>