Ahmad,

in your Neo4j-Server you have several configuration options which are not
changeable via the REST API as for now.

- for the runtime environment (like JVM heap) - neo4j-wrapper.conf
- for the actual neo4j database neo4j.properties (which can contain pre-set
memory-mapping configuration)

as Neo4j is intended to run as a dedicated database or database server it also
assumes that you are willing to provide all the RAM of the machine to its
operation.

So the JVM takes the heap size you've assigned and the rest of the available
memory is used for caching of memory-mapped store-files. The heap is used for
the actual neo4j operations and the caching of nodes and relationships.

If you don't want that, you should configure the heap in the neo4j-wrapper.conf
and the memory-mapping options in the neo4j.properties file.

What are the values representing? Why are those two-dimensional arrays?

If those hashmaps really represent the state of your nodes the it is really
worth a try to to store them as native node properties this should also make
your graph operations easier. (I don't promise anything for store size, this
might improve dramatically with the Neo4j store changes that are currently
worked on).

Michael