Then it seems that heroku is quite a good fit for you.

Register for their beta program (b...@heroku.com) then you can add the neo4j
server to your app.
The servers are not in germany as peter said but co-located with heroku at AWS
US-EAST.

With the heroku add-on you can just zip your embedded graph-db data directory
(just the files) and upload it to the server.

With our current ruby script extension you can write a server-side rack
(sinatra|rails) app that provides the domain level REST endpoints (which have a
much better granularity, transactional behaviour and performance than the low
level REST API).
(see here: http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Neo4j_Heroku_Addon, and
http://blog.neo4j.org/2011/08/heroku-neo4j-add-on-available-in.html)

As Peter said for querying you can also look into cypher and gremlin.

There are also some ready-made AWS images for Neo4j server provided by
OpenCredo.

Cheers

Michael