Hi Hesham,
right now, only part of the full Java API is exposed to the REST API
as a server plugin, it should be ok for the usual point operations,
see https://github.com/neo4j/spatial/blob/master/features/start-and-stop.feature
for an example.

We are in the process of documenting Neo4j Spatial better for 0.7, it
would be interesting to know what kind of operations you would like to
have exposed and in what form? See
https://github.com/neo4j/spatial/blob/master/src/test/java/org/neo4j/gis/spatial/pipes/GeoPipesTest.java
for a fluent Geo-API that could be a candidate to exposed via REST and
something like the Groovy scripting a la Gremlin plugin, see
http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/snapshot/gremlin-plugin.html

Would that make sense for you?

For the hosting part, Michael, could we provide the spatial plugin as an addon?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter
Skype       peter.neubauer