Yes,
that would be a good solution for a small graph. Go for it and let us
know how it works out! However, GraphML does not save your indexes and
other triggers, just the raw graph. So, if you do this, be sure not to
have data that is only in you indexes and not in the graph,  and write
an importer that can index the relevant parts again, if you are using

For making this easier, you might consider contributing to Nigel
Smalls GEOFF plugin, see
https://github.com/nigelsmall/neo4j-geoff-plugin that can capture even
the index info and thus is better (albeit younger) than GraphML. You
said you wanted to code!

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter