On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM, D. Frej <dieter_f...@gmx.net> wrote:

> my use case is the following:
> - a principal in a group has access to all other principals in a group
> => therefore I need to go one level up to find the other principals in
> the group
> - additionally: if there is another group as principal in a group
> (UserGroup 1 is in UserGroup 2) , then the principal also has access to
> the principals of the sub-group (User 3 has access to User 1 and User 2
> which are in sub-group UserGroup 1) => that is the second part in the
> MATCH clause
>
> Your idea looks like it is working:
> MATCH (principals)-[:IS_MEMBER_OF*0..1]->
> Thanks.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work either. This will output two subgraphs -
one where there is one relationships from principals up, and one where
there is zero relationships. What we would like to be able to say is as
many as possible, and nothing less. There's no way of expressing that
today, unfortunately. Trees are not well handled by Cypher today, and they
should be...

Andrés