> So I'd love your input by profiling your use-case. It is probably something
> in between.
>
> Can you use visualvm or yourkit or another profiler to figure out the hotspot
> methods
> where the most time is spent for the index-lookup. I would also love to pair
> with you on this.
> (Or get your data-generator and use-cases and profile it myself).
>
> Could you please try to run the same test with the raw neo4j API to see the
> difference.

Sure thing. I'll try and do this tomorrow, but it might have to wait
until next week.

> Another note:
>
> SDN was never intended to be a tool for pulling mass data from the graph into
> memory as it
> adds some overhead for management and object creation. The most important
> use-cases
> for SDN is that it gives you an easy way to work with the graph in terms of
> your different
> domain models and also eases the integration of other libraries (e.g. mvc)
> that require
> domain POJOS.
> For mass-data handling it might be sensible to drop down to the core neo4j
> API (by getting
> the index used explicitely and pull the nodes with index.get(key,value)).

Absolutely, and this is exactly why I'm using SDN. The performance tests I ran
are by no means supposed to simulate normal uses. The repetitions were there
to make sure I could get meaningful run times for the micro benchmark.

-TPP