So that we can support both, I've made some further changes to the
TraversalDescription class. I have replaced "prune" and "filter" with:

builtin_prune_evaluator(self, name)
prune_evaluator(self, language, body)
builtin_return_filter(self, name)
return_filter(self, language, body)

This does break some backward compatibility with the methods but does
provide more clarity than the original. I'm also aware that some of this
has been deprecated within the core API; however, since this does not yet
appear to be reflected within the REST API, this is probably the best
option for now.

WRT your suggestion for the Node class: I'm happy to consider it but will
need to read up more on the JPype bindings as I'm not familiar with them.
Could you submit an issue, preferably containing a link to docs describing
the interface you describe, and I'll have a proper look.

Cheers

*Nigel Small*
Phone: +44 7814 638 246
Blog: http://nigelsmall.name/