Hi,

I find that I'm unable to integrate SpringDataNeo4j into my existing Spring
project unless I rename my transaction manager, which is currently declared
this way:

    <bean id="transactionManager"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager">
        <property name="dataSource" ref="sbDataSource" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="transactionTemplate"
class="org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate">
        <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager" />
    </bean>

    <tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="transactionManager" />

Unless I rename the first bean to something other than "transactionManager",
my own Spring beans fail to load. I'm somewhat hesitant to do this because
I'm working in a large project with multiple developers and I don't know the
full impact of renaming this bean. Is there any other way around the
problem? Can I be certain that neo4j will not interfere with my existing
JDBC transactions?

I'm also a bit curious/confused as to where the neo4j transactionManager
bean is coming from. I did not declare any such bean in my Spring
configuration files. All I declared was this:

        <neo4j:config graphDatabaseService="graphDatabaseService"/>

        <bean id="graphDatabaseService"
class="org.springframework.data.neo4j.rest.SpringRestGraphDatabase">
        <constructor-arg value="http://localhost:7474/db/data/"/>
        </bean>

Finally, I'm wondering why I shouldn't just instantiate a
SpringRestGraphDatabase object programatically instead of as a Spring bean.
Is there any particular disadvantage to doing it programatically beyond the
benefits of having Spring manage the lifecycle?

Thanks for your help.