Guys,

I think I've mentioned before that I use Neo4j as a special type of index to
data in postgresql, and I keep the two in sync at the code leve with
after_save callbacks.  It works for my use case, but what if you needed the
two dbs to be in proper sync transaction style?

A couple of years ago working in MS SQL Server I had to write some CLR
Sprocs that sent http requests out to another system.  Tonight I had a
conversation about different possibilities for polyglot persistence and it
reminded me of this.

I know it is doable on MS SQL Server with CLR Server Triggers:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/938d9dz2(v=vs.80).aspx

I think it is doable on Postgresql with untrusted PL/PerlU :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/plperl-trusted.html

I think it is doable on Oracle with UTL_HTTP:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/u_http.htm#CHDBIGIF

I think it is doable on MySQL with UDFs called from triggers.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/adding-udf.html

Has anybody done any work in this area they'd like to share?