I was afraid that this happened, because in the mail I got from the list
containing my own post the query was missing as well. It was enclosed in raw
text tags. Seems to be a bug in the forum software. Here is the query:

START a=node:nodeIndex(_simpleType = 'something')
MATCH path = a-[:BASED_ON]-b-[:CALLS]-c-[:WRAPS]-d
RETURN path

In plain text: return a path which matches the given relationship chain as
far as possible, not necessarily up to the end node, if this is not
possible.

Regards
Johann