On 09/12/2011, at 7:43 AM, Michael Hunger wrote:
> What happens if your run the 1400 rpec tests several times?

I don't get the point of running it several times. I need to run one/couple of
spec as soon as possible and see the feedback.

> Which older gems were problematic for you?

It's not about OLDER gems. We are talking about existing and well maintained.
Here is a quick recap of just migrating over to JRuby using the most standard
stack of technologies.
http://blog.approache.com/2011/11/issues-switching-to-jruby-from-mri-19.html

(Although I made it work at the end of the day, should write follow up post).

And here you can read the discussion of more people having issues with JRuby.
https://groups.google.com/group/rails-oceania/browse_thread/thread/1e382d367c1c55f7?hl=en

The bottom line is that it is pain and way too much time is spent on dealing
with issues that you just don't have at all in MRI Ruby.