Greetings,

I have a custom service that connects to Livy, v0.4 soon to be v0.5 once we go
to HDP3. If sessions already exist it logs the session ID's and starts using
them, if sessions don't exist it creates new ones. The problem is the account
used to launch the Livy sessions is not unique to this service, nor is the kind
of session. So sometimes it grabs other people's sessions and absconds off with
them. Also, there are multiple instances of the service, running under the same
account, and they are not supposed to use each other's sessions... that's not
working out so well.

The service names the sessions, but I can't find any way to retrieve detailed
session data so that I can update the service to check if the Livy Session
belongs to the service or not.

I found some older comments 2016/2017 about retrieving Livy sessions by name. I
don't really need that, I just want to be able to read the name through the
regular sessions REST call.

Any REST calls I missed, or undocumented calls... that can help?

Thanks,
  Peter

Ref:
https://github.com/meisam/livy/wiki/Design-doc-for-Livy-41:-Accessing-sessions-by-name,