Miro,

Project owners or people who uploaded jars to the Maven Central repository would be able to answer question like what Maven artifact corresponds to particular release. Perhaps it is better to ask this in Spring's own forums. Out of the top of my head the recent Spring releases are using groupId like org.springframework and they also have number of artifacts for each release (one for each component). You can also download your favorite jars and then search Maven artifact by jar, for instance, using Advanced search by jar checksum in http://repository.sonatype.org/

Also, general Maven questions is better to ask in Maven User List. See http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html

There is also good book about Maven where you can read about number best practices and tips. http://www.sonatype.com/community/definitive_guide.html

 regards,
 Eugene

miro wrote:
I am new to maven, to add  a dependency of spring  I right clicked on my
project maven-->addDependency typed in spring , resulted in 100's of them , now how to identify the
needed jar file, usually without maven I   go to spring site download spring
distribution add the jar files to my project , but here    there are number
of jar files and   they are confusing (with the same names)   in my case I
found sping and  spring-full   this is confusing ,  I donot know the
difference  , which one should I use ,
its not just the case of spring but any other libraries maven brings lots of
them and  how will i  be able to identify which one to use ?

for any simple project which maven repository   should I use?

can somebody instruct me on basic setup of library repository   , also not
lcear with remote repository or local repositiory , do i need to have  a
local repository to improve build time ?