Hi,
Thanks to all for immediate responses.

I have tested my binary recommender on one million dataset by dividing it
into 80 % train , 20 % test data-set and i observe  an average precision
value as 0.22 (i.e out of 20 recommendations produced by the recommender
,there are around 5 matches with items in the test data-set)  and average
recall value to be 0.0135 for my recommendations.
I would like to know the quality of  these recommendations on the given
precision and recall values  ? how to estimate the quality of a recommender
on the values of  precision and recall and how much better could it be
improved practically  ?

Thanks,
svpranay.

--