Eric the book is still being written, but you can buy the interim PDF
version from the site. It seems quite complete (save for a few typos here
and there).

The publisher will email you with updates as the document chapters are being
finalized. You also have the option of having the dead-tree edition posted
to you once it is actually finalized. I've purchased the PDF, it is worth
your money if you're going to use mahout.

Patrick.