Where is the NaN coming up -- what has this value?
It should be propagated in some cases but not others. I'm not aware of
any changes here.

Generally small data sets will have this problem of not being able to
compute much of anything useful, so NaN might be right here.
But you say it was different recently, which seems to rule that out.