Well I think you could fit it inside some of the user-user similarities,
yes. For a Pearson correlation, you could count important items twice or
something, yes. I wouldn't do that by literally adding more items to the
model as it creates other problems. It's possible; it may or may not have
the type and magnitude of effect you're looking for but easy enough to try.