On Feb 22, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Jake Mannix wrote:

> On recent threads on the dev@ list, and discussions off-list, it's pretty
> clear that we need to have "cleanup" be a priority for the next release.
>
> How about this for a formal proposal:
>

>   -   The 0.7 release will have issues (both new and on JIRA) be primarily
>   focused on bugfixes / cleanup / API-refactoring / etc, with "new
>   feature"-work only coming in when it's been pushed off for too long, and is
>   close to completion.
>   -   All non-"cleanup" items will still be tracked and discussed, but
>   JIRA-tickets related to them will be marked 0.8 at the earliest, and they
>   won't be committed until 0.7 goes out.

I like the idea.  At a minimum, I think our focus for 0.7 should be on cleanup.
 I do know there are some long standing new issues that people worked hard to
complete for 0.7 (PCA, for instance) that seem reasonable to add.  On the
whole, though, I'd say we shoot for cleaning up and releasing in say the 2-3
mos. time frame.