 From: Pat Ferrel <p...@occamsmachete.com>
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:29 PM
Subject: RowSimilarity

I tried an experiment running RowSimilarity with 16 docs of short quotations on
a similar subject. It looks to me that using tanimoto the largest pair-wise
distance allowed for the similar docs was 0.4. Though I asked for 10 similar
docs I got 0 to 10. I see this same effect with larger data sets but haven't
seen an obvious cut-off point

I was expecting to be able to make the decision about cut-off distance myself.
In other words I was expecting to always get 20 similar docs when I asked for
20. It is useful to see what docs are at larger distances.

How is RowSimilarity deciding when to cut-off the returned docs?