Thanks Sean, your suggestions worked! I'm now getting results back
from the evaluator. I also tweaked the JVM settings and things are
running quicker.

One strange thing, and I'm going to dig through the MIA book tonight,
is that my user based recommendation evaluator returns 0.0 no matter
what I do. It's setup using PearsonCorrelationSimilarity,
NearestNUserNeighborhood(2), GenericUserBasedRecommender and the
AverageAbsoluteDifferenceRecommenderEvaluator. Also, my prefs do have
values, a range from 1 to 3.

- Matt