Hi all,

I am trying to combine MongoDB and Mahout using the same code in Mahout In
Action book, chapter 2. The very first code. But now I replaced the source,
user-item-preference, not from CSV file but from MongoDB. So the model is
instantiated from MongoDBDataModel, not FileDataModel anymore. The CSV file
has been copied to MongoDB. Everything is same, except how to create the
model.

However, it doesn't work. The UserSimilarity class can not generate
similarity table from the data model. I checked the data inside the
instantiated model, and yes, all users, items, and preference do exist. Is
there something problem with MongoDBDataModel and UserSimilarity?

I also tried the sample from here,
http://www.smartlab.at/articles/recommendation-engine/, that uses
SVDRecommender and it works.

Too bad, not so many example or reference about MongoDBDataModel in
internet while combining Mahout and MongoDB would be interesting.

Anyone has ever experienced with this problem?

--
Best regards,

Winnu Ayi Satria