Hi All,

We have developed an auto tagging system for our micro-blogging platform.
Here is what we have done:

The purpose of the system was to look for tags in an articles automatically
when someone posts a link in our micro-blogging site. The goal was to allow
us to follow a tag instead (in addition) of (to) a person. So we used some
custom code on top of Mahout, UIMA, Open-NLP etc.

If you are interested to see how it works take a look at:
http://www.scoopspot.com/

One more thing, we also created a robot which goes to some of the well
known web sites like: Read Write Web, Hackers News, Tech Crunch etc which
gets the article from the web and publishes that to our micro-blog. As we
already have the tag following, we get the information without any problem.
That's very cool (to us at least). You can see the output of the robot at
this location:

http://news.scoopspot.com/

I thought, this might be an example of what Mahout can do and related to
this thread, so felt like sharing with you guys.

Sorry if it looks like off-topic.

Regards,
Samik