On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Johannes Schulte <johannes.schu...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> is it possible you are mixing up payloads and stored fields? The latter
> ones are not indexed and can only be used for the top n results. Maybe
> we're talking about different things..

I think I did mix these up.  I haven't been active with Lucene for some
time.

> With the question of how to include the similarities I was actually asking
> for the way to include the scores of say a LLR value into an index. Do you
> just take the top x related items and throw the similarity score away?

LLR is not a good score for weighting.  It is an excellent score for
filtering.  So yes, I just take the top few hundred related items and throw
away the similarity score.

Sebastian has demonstrated that trimming the related objects this way has
no perceptible effects, but if you have content relations as well, you get
even more assurance that you will get some kind of reasonable
recommendations.

> As for the performance: Yes, sorry, that was a little bragging and not
> really informative :) .

Very informative actually.  The performance is what made it clear that I
was confused.