> I'm using 0.80 SNAPSHOT and indeed the root cause may be that mahout
> does not support solr 4.0 yet. Just tested with 3.6.1 and it works fine.
> The error however is a bit misleading...

Digging a bit deeper, I realized that the dependencies point to Lucene
3.6.0 which is the reason that Lucene 4.0 indexes are not recognized.

According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1112 Mahout is
just about to get ready for Lucene 4.0 and basically it should work.
However, if I look at the Mahout trunk
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mahout/trunk/), the dependencies are still
set to:

<properties>
    <skipTests>false</skipTests>
    <maven.clover.multiproject>true</maven.clover.multiproject>
    <hadoop.version>1.0.4</hadoop.version>
    <lucene.version>3.6.0</lucene.version>
  </properties>

Is there a way to build and to use any actual version with Lucene 4.0?

thanks,

--tomw