Sebastian,

This sounds reasonable. However, I observe that running the
factorize-movielens script computes recommendations for *all* users. Is
there a way to compute the recommandation for only one user ?

The recommenditembased recommender allows for using an external file
containing the user id, however that algorithm is so slow compared to the
factorize (6minutes to run, compared to 6 minutes but for thousands of
recommendations). But I didn't find such an option in the factorize script
(besides, it seems that some of the ALS are precomputed and cached, so that
the recommendation job is quicker).

Thank you !