Hi
I also have a similar question regarding result interpretation based on how
we provide data to recommender.
Typcally , we provide rating data say in scale from 1-5 and get the result
in the same scale range.(and need to be consistent as Sean points out)

If we assume the provided data with other dimension such as sales
revenue,price or some other physical dimension and can we still use the
recommender output as precdicted sales revenue or simulated possible price
in the same dimension scale?
I'm assuming user-based recommendation here.

Looks like SVD recommender is more suitable for this purpose.
Apprecaite your advise.
Yutaka