What does color mean here?

What about width of the box?

When you say median or mean of all cluster distances, do you mean across
that single run?

I think that this plot is fine as it is except that it needs a legend that
explains all of these issues.  My general rule of thumb is that most
figures should have what I call a "Kipling caption".  See the caption of
the first image here: http://www.boop.org/jan/justso/butter.htm to see what
I mean by this.  Imagine that there is a very mathematically inclined 4
year old who is looking at your diagram and quizzing you about every part.
 Answer all their questions in the caption and you have a Kipling caption.

For comparing different runs of the clustering or different algorithms, I
think that a cumulative distribution plot (using plot.ecdf) with all of the
different algorithms on one plot would be the best comparison tool.