Hi Jörn,

On Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:12:47 PM Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Logistic Regression (is that similar to our maxent ?)
> Online Passive Aggressive
> HMM

> The datasets we are training OpenNLP are usually rather small and can
> easily be processed with a single CPU, does Mahout support training on
> small scale datasets as well?

In particular the Logistic Regression and HMM stuff should be well suitable
even for smaller data sets. You can find the JavaDoc for each there:

<https://builds.apache.org//job/Mahout-
Quality/javadoc/org/apache/mahout/classifier/sgd/package-summary.html

and here:

<https://builds.apache.org//job/Mahout-
Quality/javadoc/org/apache/mahout/classifier/sequencelearning/hmm/package-
summary.html>

Both have versions that can run standalone on a single box - they may come
with Hadoop as a dependency, mainly for serializing vectors and matrices to
disk but not for computation distribution.

Isabel