On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Chirag Lakhani <clakh...@zaloni.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I will take a look at the Implicit Feedback literature to see how
> it can apply to my situation.  Are you aware of any time aware implicit
> feedback models?

No.  I don't know of any work on that.  I am also not clear that there is a
lot of gain to be had there.

If you want to see high gain, look at how the recommendation system feeds
itself and how alternative exploration options feed the recommendation
system.

The question here is how to get the recommendation engine to explore more
when appropriate and less when no.  Exploring now (i.e. bringing in more
diversity in recommendations) pays off tomorrow because the system gets new
kinds of data.  Not exploring now pays off today because you recommend what
you know already works.  How to trade these off is a big question.
 Presumably the things one learns from Bayesian Bandits would be very
helpful in this respect.