Hi,

I want to build a recommendation model based on Mahout. My dataset format
is in the format of

userID, itemID, rating timestamp tag1 tag2 tag3. Thus, I think I need to
extend the FileDataModel.

I looked into *JesterDataModel* as an example. However, I have a problem
with the logic flow. In its *buildModel()* method, an empty map "data" is
first constructed. It is then thrown into processFile. I assume that "data"
is modified in this method, since later it is used to construct the
GenericDataModel. However, "data" is a local variable instead of a class
variable, so how is it modified?

processFile(iterator, data, timestamps, false);
return new GenericDataModel(GenericDataModel.toDataMap(data, true));

--
Jia