Hi Grant,

Very good release announcement. I propose that we deprecate a lot more,
I think we should be aggressive here to pave the way for a clean and
slim 1.0 release.

I propose to additionally deprecate the following algorithms, as to my
state of knowledge, they are not actively used:

Collaborative Filtering:

- all recommenders in o.a.m.cf.taste.impl.recommender.knn

- the TreeClusteringRecommender in o.a.m.cf.taste.impl.recommender

- the SlopeOne implementations in o.a.m..cf.taste.hadoop.slopeone and
o.a.m.cf.taste.impl.recommender.slopeone

- the distributed pseudo recommender in o.a.m.cf.taste.hadoop.pseudo

Classification:

- the Hidden Markov Models in o.a.m.classifier.sequencelearning.hmm

Clustering

- Fuzzy k-Means o.a.m.clustering.fuzzykmeans
- Spectral k-Means in o.a.m.clustering.spectral

Math

- the tooling in o.a.m.math.stats.entropy

Furthermore, I think we should deprecate the Lanczos implementation in
o.a.m.math.hadoop.decomposer and port all code that uses it to SSVD.

To all users and other committers, this is a biased first proposal,
please shout, if you see things different and want to have things kept.

Best,
Sebastian