Hi Oren,

you should be able to run Mahout with the latest 0.20.2x and 1.0.x and
1.1.x Hadoop releases.

I personally use the current trunk (which will be released as 0.8 soon)
with Hadoop 1.0.4 and have not experienced any problems. I would
strongly encourage you to also use the trunk or wait a little for 0.8,
as we fixed lots of bugs and increased performance in a lot of places.

Best,
Sebastian