(Kinda doing something very close. )

Koren-Volynsky paper on implicit feedback can be generalized to decompose
all input into preference (0 or 1) and confidence matrices (which is
essentually an observation weight matrix).

If you did not get any observations, you encode it as (p=0,c=1) but if you
know that user did not like item, you can encode that observation with much
more confidence weight, something like (p=0, c=30) -- actually as high
confidence as a conversion in your case it seems.

The problem with this is that you end up with quite a bunch of additional
parameters in your model to figure, i.e. confidence weights for each type
of action in the system. You can establish that thru extensive
crossvalidation search, which is initially quite expensive (even for
distributed machine cluster tech), but could be incrementally bail out much
sooner after previous good guess is already known.

MR doesn't work well for this though since it requires  A LOT of iterations.