Paper and presentation are very interesting to me as well.  I am fairly new
to this, and coming to terms with some of the terms, etc.  I assume that
"action matrix" here is just the raw matrix of how each user has
"interacted with" the items/types-of-items.  I didn't quite get the
incorporation into SOLR (not familiar with that much, either), in
particular the "indexing" related to the generated (root LLR-based?)
co-occurence matrices for the different types of things so that it can be
used in searches - so, a real newbie question: how can the co-occurence
matrix be implemented as a search index in SOLR?  Just point me at the RTFM
docs is fine :)

--
BF Lyon
http://www.nowherenearithaca.com