On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Pat Ferrel <p...@occamsmachete.com> wrote:

> [B'A] =
>         iphone  ipad    nexus   galaxy  surface
> iphone  2       2       2       1       0
> ipad    2       2       2       1       0
> nexus   1       1       1       1       0
> galaxy  1       1       1       1       0
> surface 0       0       0       0       1
>
> The rows are what we want from [B'A] since the row items are from B, right?

Yes.

It is easier to understand if you have different kinds of items as well as
different actions.  For instance, suppose that you have user x query terms
(A) and user x device (B).  B'A is then device x term so that there is a
row per device and the row contains terms.  This is good when searching for
devices using terms.