an example of a Naive-Bayes classifier trained on character n-grams is the
LangDetect library.
(see http://code.google.com/p/language-detection/)

Agree with Ted that it should be relatively easy to build one.

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:40 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Yes.  Should work to use character n-grams.  There are oddities in the
stats because the different n-grams are not independent, but Naive Bayes
methods are in such a state of sin that it shouldn't hurt any worse.

No... I don't think that there is a capability built in to generate the
character n-grams.  Should be relatively trivial to build.